Organic Acids Test
Stand-alone Testing is only available to existing 1-to-1 Clients. If you are not yet a client you can run your Functional Lab Testing alongside an Initial Consultation. For example, you could run this Test plus the Initial Consultation Here.
Read more about the Organic Acids Test here: https://functionalhealthclinic.co.uk/organic-acids-lab-test/
Sample Report: Download Here
Turn-Around-Time: 2 weeks minimum from day of arrival at the Lab. Postage cost of returning the test kit back to the lab not included.
Specimen Requirements: Urine: 10 mL of first morning urine before food or drink is suggested. Patient should avoid apples, grapes (including raisins), pears, cranberries and their juices 48 hours prior to specimen collection. Avoid arabinogalactan, echinacea, reishi mushrooms, and ribose supplements for 48 hours before collection.
Collection Instructions: Download Here.
Checklist of Organic Acids Test Markers
Here’s the latest list of stool test markers (November 2019):
- HPHPA (Clostridia marker)
- 4-Cresol (C. di cile)
- DHPPA (bene cial bacteria)
- Homovanillic Acid (HVA)
- Vanillmandelic Acid (VMA)
- HVA/VMA Ratio
- 5-Hydroxyindoleacetic (5-HIAA)
- Quinolinic / 5-HIAA Ratio
- Methylmalonic (Vitamin B12)
- Pyridoxic (Vitamin B6)
- Pantothenic (Vitamin B5)
- Glutaric (Vitamin B2-Ribflavin)
- Ascorbic (Vitamin C)
- 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaric (Vitamin Q10-CoQ10)
- N-Acetylcysteine (Glutathione precursor and chelating agent)
- Methylcitric (Vitamin H-Biotin)